Quad War is an annual event held in the interior of the Kingdom of Avacal. It takes place in Alfheimland, a farm near the modern village of Marsden in Saskatchewan, not far from the Alberta Border. This popular event began in 1995. Quad War moved to its current site in 1997. The event site has had many improvements over the years, including the construction of a castle, and many houses and shops on Merchants row. The name Quad War came from the initial set up of each Barony and the combined shires fielding an army so that there were four in total.
Notable features of the Castle are the doors that can be battered down and archers shooting from the towers.
It used to take place on the 1st weekend of August (starting in 2007), though in the past it was held on the July 1st long weekend (Canada Day).
2010 marked the 15th Anniversary of this event. It was also the first year it was combined with Avacal August Investiture
2015 marked the 20th Anniversary of the event.
- Quad War VIII (AS XXXVII/2002)
- Quad War IX (AS XXXVIII/2003)
- Quad War XXXIX/2004 July 2-4, 2004
- Quad War XL/2005 July 1 - July 3 Event stewards: HE Sir Einar Vikingsson , HL Owen de Caldekote- Hosted by the Shire of Borealis
- Quad War XLII/2007 Event stewards: Roxanne Delaroche-Hosted by the Barony of Myrgan Wood
- Quad War XLIII/2008 Event stewards: Morrigan Clubfoot-Hosted by the Barony of Montengarde
- Quad War 2009 Event stewards: Jean de Chauliac -Hosted by the Barony of Borealis
- Quad War XVL/2010 Hosted by the Barony of Myrgan Wood, Event Steward - Tristram ap Emrys ap Iago
- Quad War/Investiture XVLI/2011 Hosted by the Avacal, Event Steward - Balinor
- Quad War/Investiture XVLII/2012 Hosted by the Avacal, Event Steward - HE Dezzrianne
- Quad War/Investiture XVLIII/2013 Hosted by the Avacal, Event Steward - HE Dezzrianne
- Quad War XLIX/2014 Hosted by the Shire of Bordergate, Event Steward - Daegan O'Malley
- Quad War L/2015 Hosted by the Shire of Bordergate, Event Steward - Daegan O'Malley
- Quad War LI/2016 Hosted by the Shire of Bordergate, Event Stewards - Daegan O'Malley & N'Talia hatun bint Ramazan al-rashid
- Quad War LII/2017 Hosted by the Shire of Bordergate, Event Steward - Daegan O'Malley & Hlif Askelsdottir
It takes place near the modern village of Marsden in Saskatchewan, near the Alberta/Saskatchewan Border.
-from the 2005 event copy- Located on a farm, this raw site is improved each year by volunteers during numerous work weekends held in spring and summer. Currently, a castle is being constructed and features two complete 16' towers (yes, this means archers can actually shoot down at the encroaching army!) A door you have to batter down (yes, you get to use a battering ram!)